When a holiday booking is confirmed by us, you are entering a contract which binds you as the guest and J & A Kelt as the property owners in various ways. We have set out the obligations we have towards each other below. Please read the following conditions of let carefully, and ask for an explanation of any point that may be unclear to you.
- The letting period runs from 4.00pm on the day of arrival to 10.00am on the day of departure. This is to allow time for our cleaners to prepare for the next guests. Entry to the house will be with a key which is retained in a security box on the site. This will be accessible via a security code which will be sent to you prior to arrival.
- A non refundable 25% of the total rental due is payable immediately to secure the booking with the balance to be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to arrival. Bookings made within 8 weeks of holiday date will be paid in full at the time of booking. For Christmas and New Year a non refundable deposit of 50% is required. If no deposit is received within 5 days of booking we will cancel the booking without notification.
CANCELLATION – In the event of cancellation the deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel after the final balance payment date you will be liable for the entire Deposit and Balance of Hire monies.
All cancellations must be notified in writing by the guest and received by J & A Kelt before the cancellation charges are confirmed. We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance.
J & A KELT CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CANCELLATION CAUSED BY ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS OR THE BREAKDOWN OR CANCELLATION OF ANY FORM OF TRANSPORT
- Payment can be accepted by cheque made payable to J M Kelt or by online banking directly to our bank account. Bank details will be provided at time of booking.
- When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
- Only those persons agreed in the confirmation letter may occupy the accommodation. If this condition is breeched we have the right to terminate the Contract immediately without refund. We reserve the right to terminate the accommodation where all material facts are not disclosed. The accommodation may not be sublet, nor are unauthorised extensions of stay permitted.
- The person making the booking accepts liability for the behaviour of ALL party members and for ensuring that the conditions of the letting agreement are adhered to and for loss or damage to the accommodation and the contents caused during the rental period.
- We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In any such case all monies paid shall be refunded and the contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time and remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to neighbours. Any refund will be entirely at the discretion of J & A Kelt.
- The accommodation rented should be kept clean and in good condition and any breakages reported immediately. If excessive cleaning or replacement of breakages or repairs for any damage is required, at the discretion of J & A Kelt, then these additional costs will be levied against the hirer. All bookings will attract a security deposit of £100 against which any repair of damage or excessive cleaning costs or replacement of breakages, can be offset. This must be paid when the final payment for the rental is made. The security deposit (or any remaining balance) will be returned to the hirer as soon as possible by J & A Kelt – usually within seven days. In the event that the cost of putting right the property owing to damage or negligence by the hirer exceeds the security deposit, then J & A Kelt will pursue the hirer for any outstanding amounts.
- We will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to the personal property of guest occupying the accommodation. Personal property, vehicles, their accessories and contents are left at your own risk.
- We will not be responsible for any injury or death. All guests are recommended to ensure they have adequate property and personal accident insurance for their holiday.
- When using stereo equipment or similar appliances please consider neighbours.
- All our properties are entirely non smoking and guests are requested to refrain from smoking anywhere inside the houses.
- We do not accept pets in any of our properties.
- If, for any reason, the accommodation is not available to you on the dates booked due to events beyond our reasonable control, J & A Kelt will take reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation. Should no other accommodation be available at the time we will offer you alternative dates or a full refund, whichever the guest prefers but you will have no other claim or remedy against us.
- No liability can be accepted should adverse weather conditions delay your travel plans.
- The booking agreement confers the right to occupy the accommodation for the period agreed for holiday purposes only. The terms of the Rent Act are excluded.