Thank you for choosing to book with us – we hope you will enjoy your stay. The following terms and conditions apply to your booking. They form the terms of a legally binding contract between you as the guest and J & A Kelt as the property owners. Please read the following conditions of let carefully, and ask for an explanation of any point that may be unclear to you.
- The letting period: The letting period runs from 4.00pm on the day of arrival to 10.00am on the day of departure. This is to allow time for our cleaners to prepare for the next guests. Entry to the house will be with a key which is retained in a security box on the site. This will be accessible via a security code which will be sent to you prior to arrival.
- Reservations and payment of rentals: A non refundable booking deposit of 25% of the total rental due is payable immediately to secure the booking with the balance to be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to arrival. Bookings made within 8 weeks of holiday date will be paid in full at the time of booking. For Christmas and New Year a non refundable deposit of 50% is required. If no deposit is received within 5 days of booking we will cancel the booking without notification.
- Payment: Payment can be accepted by cheque made payable to J M Kelt or by online banking directly to our bank account (bank details will be provided at time of booking), credit card or debit card.
- Confirmation of bookings: Telephone reservations must be confirmed by payment of deposit, or final balance immediately. Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the booking deposit and subject to acceptance of the reservation.
- Online bookings:When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide on the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing by email. Prior to that the booking will only be regarded as provisional. Provisional bookings will be held for a maximum of 5 days only.
- Credit/debit card payments: For credit/debit card payments, the balance will be taken from the same credit / debit card that was used to pay the deposit. When we receive the balance payment, we will forward your arrival details. Should you wish to pay with an alternative card or payment method, please do so using the link in the confirmation email before the due date or contact us at least 48 hours before the due date for payment. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will be treated as cancellation and no refund will be made.
- Cancellation – In the event of cancellation the deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel 8 weeks or less before arrival or fail to check in, or leave before your due departure date, we reserve the right to retain the full balance paid for the whole of your booking.
All cancellations must be notified in writing by the guest and received by J & A Kelt before the cancellation charges are confirmed. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance which provides for cancellation cover.
J & A KELT CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CANCELLATION CAUSED BY ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS OR THE BREAKDOWN OR CANCELLATION OF ANY FORM OF TRANSPORT
- Restrictions on rental:
- Only those persons agreed in the confirmation letter may occupy the accommodation. If this condition is breached we have the right to terminate the Contract immediately without refund. Rentals will not be accepted in respect of any client under 21 years old. We reserve the right to terminate the accommodation where all material facts are not disclosed. The accommodation may not be sublet, nor are unauthorised extensions of stay permitted.
- The person making the booking accepts liability for the behaviour of ALL party members and for ensuring that the conditions of the letting agreement are adhered to and for loss or damage to the accommodation and the contents caused during the rental period.
- We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In any such case all monies paid shall be refunded and the contract terminated without further liability.
- We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time and remove any person or persons due to improper use, unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to neighbours. Any refund will be entirely at the discretion of J & A Kelt.
- Noise and nuisance: You must not cause a nuisance or disturbance to neighbouring accommodation or behave in an unreasonable way. The playing of music or making any noise which is clearly audible in nearby accommodation is not permitted after 11pm. If we consider that guests are in breach of this policy, then we reserve the right to ask you to leave immediately. You will not be entitled to a refund for the balance of your stay.
- Maximum occupancy: The maximum occupancy for your accommodation is stated in the website. This must not be exceeded and additional overnight guests must not be accommodated on our property under any circumstances. Breach of this policy will render you liable for further charges, calculated on a pro-rata basis. Alternatively we reserve the right to ask you to leave immediately.
- Security Deposit: The accommodation rented should be kept clean and in good condition and any breakages reported immediately. If excessive cleaning or replacement of breakages or repairs for any damage is required, at the discretion of J & A Kelt, then these additional costs will be levied against the hirer. All bookings will attract a security deposit of £100 against which any repair of damage or excessive cleaning costs or replacement of breakages, can be offset. This must be paid when the final payment for the rental is made. The security deposit (or any remaining balance) will be returned to the hirer as soon as possible by J & A Kelt – usually within seven days. If paying by credit or debit card, we will pre-authorise your card for £100. No monies will be taken from your card unless there are extras to be paid for or a breach of any conditions. In the event that the cost of putting right the property owing to damage or negligence by the hirer exceeds the security deposit, then J & A Kelt will pursue the hirer for any outstanding amounts.
- Holiday Insurance: We will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to the personal property of guest occupying the accommodation. Personal property, vehicles, their accessories and contents are left at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any injury or death. All guests are recommended to ensure they have adequate property and personal accident insurance for their holiday.
- Noise: When using stereo equipment or similar appliances please consider neighbours.
- Smoking: All our properties are entirely non smoking and guests are requested to refrain from smoking anywhere inside the houses.
- Pets: We only accept pets in some of our properties. For our pet friendly properties there is a restriction to 2 adult animals. Pets must be healthy, fully house trained and kept under control at all times. Pets should be kept in the kitchen or living area and are not allowed in the bedrooms. Under no circumstances are pets allowed on the beds, bedding or furniture and should not be left unattended or allowed to annoy neighbours. All fouling should be cleaned up after your pet. You are advised to bring your pets bed and food bowls. Pets will be charged at £30 per pet per stay.
- Candles: due to the high fire risk, candles are not allowed in the properties.
- Cancellation by us: If, for any reason, the accommodation is not available to you on the dates booked due to events beyond our reasonable control, J & A Kelt will take reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation. Should no other accommodation be available at the time we will offer you alternative dates or a full refund, whichever the guest prefers but you will have no other claim or remedy against us.
- Adverse Weather: No liability can be accepted should adverse weather conditions delay your travel plans.
- Exclusion of the Rent Act: The booking agreement confers the right to occupy the accommodation for the period agreed for holiday purposes only. The terms of the Rent Act (Housing Scotland Act 1988) are excluded.